Mat Jones says he had left his iPhone under his clothes in his car while taking a surf lesson. Upon his returned, he was shocked to discover the vehicle filled with smoke.
Mr. Jones recorded the molten remains of his iPhone 7 and the flaming pants it was wrapped in. He has no doubt it was the source of the fire. The surf instructor bought the phone just one week ago and says he hasn’t dropped it or used a foreign charger.
We haven’t heard a comment from Apple as yet but says they were aware of the complaint and they are investigating. It follows concerns in the past few weeks from Samsung Galaxy Note 7 owners about their phones catching fire.
Samsung issued a statement asking all owners of their new phone to turn them off immediately.